Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Believe in Your Song



Psalm 27:13-14

I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the LORD!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the joy that you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
And rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You help me along
Makin' me strong

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away

"Drift Away" by Mentor Williams. This version by Dobie Gray reached #5 on the US Pop Charts. The version by Uncle Kracker reached #1 four times.

What a lovely saying, I believe in your song. Just to hear Dobie Gray sing it creates a warm feeling of love and acceptance. It's a feeling of joy and love and support that is beyond wonderful.

The Psalmist sings, I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord. The goodness of God will be seen. The singer doesn't deny the presence of sin, there's no mention of sin at all. There is confidence though, confidence that the goodness of the Lord will be seen in the land of the living. We are called to wait and be strong. We don't wait for the next big thing. We don't wait for some new fad or something, we wait on the Lord. We wait being strong and letting our heart take courage. This is the only way to wait for the Lord.

It's a wait that may give us impatience, but that's just an attitude. We could use an adjustment. We are to believe in God's song, in rhythm and rhyme and harmony. It's a pity that the melodies and rhymes of the ancient songs are lost, but the one who inspired the words is still at work.

There is a beat that frees the soul. Believe in the goodness and begin to see the goodness of the Lord. Then let's get lost in the song and drift away to a place of hope; a place without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment