Sunday, April 24, 2016

Submission and Instruction



1Samuel 3:10

Now the Lord came and stood there, calling as before, “Samuel! Samuel!” And Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here I am, baby,
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours
(You got my future in your hands)

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" recorded by Stevie Wonder from the album by the same name, written by Lee Garrett, Lula Mae Hardaway, Stevie wonder, and Syreeta Wright.

The call of Samuel was sticky. Eli knew it. Eli knew his sons, the next in line to take over the temple priesthood were the last in likelihood take over the temple priesthood. He wondered who would follow. He also knew Samuel was strong in the Lord. Eli was little surprised when the Lord called, but Samuel had never heard the voice of the Lord before. He asked Eli what was happening. After a couple of false starts, Eli told him how to answer.

The Lord called, "Samuel! Samuel!" Samuel answered, "Here I am, baby, Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours. You got my future in your hands."

How's that for a statement, you got my future in your hands. Is it a pledge? A vow? Or is it a simple statement of humble submission?

It's simple. The Lord has been speaking with Samuel. Samuel is finally listening to the speaker affirming who the speaker is. He is giving the Lord his full and undivided attention now that he knows who is speaking to him. "Speak, for your servant is listening." Samuel knows his Master and now he knows his Master's voice. He awaits instruction. He awaits guidance. He awaits direction.

Here I am Lord, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours. You got my future in your hands, just like Samuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment